Monday, July 03, 2006

The Secret "Kangaroo Test"

"How to Figure-Out if someone
has a problem ... and if
that 'someone' is YOU!"

I just wanted to point out a DISTINCTION.

On the Huna Ohana group, a post used the word "dim-wit."

... and it almost sparked a riot!

OK ... so "what's the BIG DEAL?"

Well ...

The BIG DEAL is the "effect" on YOU.

Here's the TEST ...

How would you feel if I were to say to you, "You are an invisible kangaroo and you live in a plumb-pudding tree."

Would you be "OFFENDED?"

Probably NOT ...

... you might think, "That's not true," ... or "That's silly."

i.e. ... NO emotional reaction!

So ...

How would you feel if I were to say, "You're a no-good-so-and-so, etc." ... or some other type of "put down."

If you're CENTERED ... and integrated, etc. ... your reaction should be EXACTLY THE SAME!

AND ...

How would you feel if I were to say to you, "I support XYZ political philosophy" ... or I say "poop" ... or "drinking buddies."

Again ... if you're CENTERED, and integrated, etc. ... your reaction should be THE SAME as if I said "kangaroo."

If there IS an EMOTIONAL REACTION ... that's your CUE ... you might just have some "INNER CONFLICT" on which to work.

So ...

"Why am I bringing this up?"

Because ... recently someone said something to me that was so totally stupid that I started getting upset.

I just "couldn't believe" someone would say THAT!

THEN ... the "invisible kangaroo" teaching I learned from a Kahuna many years ago "popped into my mind."

And I said to myself ...

"Well ... there's another project
for me to work on."

Life is so full of "really fun learning experiences" ... is it not?

-- Vince

© 2006 Rev. James Vinson Wingo, DD

1 comment:

Aspiring To Grace said...

You're awesome.